COUNTDOWN TO SPI 2011


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Laying in Wait

With this being the first post maybe I should give you a little background. Although the people looking at this already know me but anyway.
I am retired from Appalachian Power, the local electric utility, I spent 25 years at Central Machine Shop located in South Charleston, WV.
I currently work at Sparkle Klean, a tank wash, also located in South Charleston. I am fortunate that I can leave for three months.
I have been going to South Padre Island since the fall of 2006 although I didnt get to go last year, the economy got in the way.
We live in a 1993 motorhome with 2 dogs, a 10 year old Chocolate Lab and a 5 year Minature Dashound until April when we return home.
I am going to attempt a daily post from my winter nest in South Padre Island, TX.
So here we go:

The bus is packed and ready, I'm packed and ready.  Everytime I walk out to the building where the bus is parked the dogs think it is time to go, so I know they are ready.
First day after Christmas with no snow we are out of here.

More Later

1 comment:

  1. would you like to take a 6.5 year old black lab, a 2 year old weimador and 4 cats - no make that 5 now - with you? the more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete